SW Locums are on the hunt for a UK Experienced, Qualified Social Worker for a School based social worker in role in a Lambeth Secondary school. The school social worker should be conducting statutory social work as a focus of their work, holding cases and working with children and families from their link school.
They will also offer a number of interventions to support pupil and families to prevent cases escalating to statutory threshold.
The social worker will undertake a combination of statutory work and preventive work within the school.
• Provide advice on threshold for MARF referrals
• Undertake Child Protection investigations
• Undertake CIN/CP and LAC work
• Can provide groupwork for vulnerable pupils
• Can provide targeted work with pupils and their parents when threshold for statutory intervention is not required • Can provide groupwork for parents
• Provide training for school staff
• Work with vulnerable pupils to reduce exclusions
• Working with partner agencies such as school nurse, safer schools’ officer, YOS etc to support pupil A job brief – covering the key tasks to be completed in 3-6 months
• To be transferred a caseload from current social worker ( 8-10 children)
• To support team in a duty rota • To provide targeted interventions in school to vulnerable pupils
• To provide drops ins for pupils and carers for advice and signposting
• To work in partnership with school safeguarding team to identify and support children at risk of harm
• To work across the service to support the team in other schools.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
* Terms and conditions apply
Rest assured, we will look after you.