SW Locums are looking for a Primary Mental Health Social Worker with excellent UK post qualifiaction experience. All applicants must be registered with Social Work England and have a current Enhanced DBS issued within the past 12 months or be on the DBS Update Service.
Must have CBT Experience in working with young children and families is essential.
We are looking for two workers who can start as soon as possible !!!
This role is currently offered at full-time but can be flexible to also work Part-time, please ask for more details !!!
Car driver preferred, this will involve travelling to schools & other public places in the community, the candidate will need to be flexible as there will some remote working.
The post holder will join the new Mental Health Support Team delivering evidenced based low intensity interventions to children and young people in accordance with NICE guidelines.
- To offer specialist consultation and advice to the Emotional Health Academy and other associated colleagues on aspects of mental health and wellbeing.
- To identify and respond to serious/urgent risks or concerns and make decisions to escalate referrals to specialist or safeguarding services when required.
- To direct children and their families, via Triage and the Emotional Health Workers, to the most appropriate service in order to meet their emotional needs.
- To offer a variety of low intensity short term therapeutic interventions to children, young people and their families especially those with a higher level of complexity.
- To lead by example, modelling restorative values and practice, to ensure effective partnership working which engages all partner agencies and sectors, to support multi-agency practice with children, young people and adults; to improve outcomes for West Berkshire’s children and families.
- To work collaboratively with Public Health to deliver on key primary prevention programmes targeting impact on key performance indicators outlined in the Public Health Outcomes Framework.
- To provide formal and informal training and education to all agencies involved with the emotional health of young people.
- To evaluate the outcomes for children and work in partnership with colleagues to ensure the effectiveness of the Emotional Health Academy.
- Able to recognise and assess children and young people with a wide range of clinical and behavioural presentations.
- Able to deliver effective evidenced-based interventions to children and young people (e.g. CBT).
- Able to develop and deliver psycho-educational workshops to children, young people and families, and other professionals where appropriate.
- Able to use Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) to an intermediate level (e.g. able to use most of the systems functions without assistance)
The role is flexible and the list of main tasks and responsibilities is not exhaustive.
SW Locums are a small, personable agency where you will benefit from working with a progressive and capable company. Established for over 12 years and with well over 50 years combined social work experience.
you will also receive:
- Payment weekly, faster than anyone else.
- Most generous rates of pay.
- Access to our knowledge base from our vastly experienced consultants, who will offer you confident and accurate advice.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice, giving peace of mind.
- Support network available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” and “Find your own job” bonus scheme offering up to £500 for successfully placed referrals.*
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.