SW Locums need a Qualified Social Worker for The Family Placements Team in Wokingham. We are looking for an experienced Supervising Social Worker to work with the team initially for 3 months with a view to extending.
Candidates must be one year post qualifying and have worked in a Family Placements Team previously. Specifically looking for fostering experience with completing assessments, form F’s, SGO and Viability assessments.
- Complete viability assessments of family members and friends to establish their initial suitability to care for a child/young person.
- Undertake joint visits with a child’s SW to complete Reg 24 and viability assessments.
- Complete assessments of connected persons as prospective foster carers and/or special guardians for presentation to Fostering Panel and/or submission to court.
- Supporting and supervising connected person foster carers.
- Ensure that all information is regularly updated on electronic systems.
- Ensure that all work carried out is in accordance with the requirements of the performance management structure and guidelines.
- Ensure the prospective carers are involved where possible in all decision-making and information sharing, working in a person-centred way (including addressing cultural and communication needs) ensuring choices and aspirations are acknowledged and that a professional and respectful response is given at all times.
- Participate in appropriate activities and learning to develop own professional expertise. Develop and improve services, maintaining up to date knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements and good practice.
- At all times, to promote and safeguard the welfare of children who live or access services in, or who are looked after by Wokingham Borough Council.
- Good working knowledge of the relevant statutory and regulatory framework and of an appropriate range of professional interventions.
- Critical awareness of current issues and new evidenced-based practice research.
At SW Locums you can look forward to:
- A refreshingly professional and honest approach to your job search.
- Fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Conscientious and well informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.