SW Locums are looking for a well experienced qualified social worker with full UK Social Work England registration and right to work in the UK for the Children with Physical Disability Team in Worthing.
As a Social Worker within the team, your role will involve working with adults from 18 years and upwards with physical disabilities, including some memory problems or sensory disabilities. Working arrangements – 40/60 time office/home.
Approx. 10 hours per week for completing visits to customers
Job Description :
- You will be responsible for achieving positive change and improved outcomes, managing a busy and varied caseload by providing a statutory accountable social care service to those people who access or need the service.
- You will be undertaking Care Act assessments and reviews including mental capacity act assessments, processing safeguarding enquiries as a LEO, working as part of a team. You will be expected to work within organisational, policy and legislative requirements.
- For this role you will be expected to demonstrate relevant theoretical Social Work concepts, practices and detailed organisational knowledge relating to the provision of a professional Social Work service dealing with complex issues and ethical dilemmas.
- You will be solution focused and systematic with the ability and willingness to work flexibly to assist customers, carers and families and have a good understanding of partner agencies.
- You will be evidence based, challenging and curious in your professional approach whilst empathising and building up good and honest relationships with individuals, families and other partners e.g. health, housing, support providers.
- In this exciting opportunity, you will be able to organise your own workload and time, respond independently and creatively to unexpected problems and situations (with available support from your seniors for advice and guidance when required), and you will have the ability to take a person-centred approach and work with families and advocates whilst ensuring the voice, views and aspirations of the individuals are heard in assessments and reviews.
- Peer Forum is also part of your assessment process where you will have the opportunity for peer support and advice on availability and support for your customer in wilder community and available local resources and support.
- You will be able to practice with a strengths based approach, drawing on people’s own resources, and those of the community, to meet people’s eligible needs and personal outcomes.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £350 for bringing your own position to us *
refer yourself or friends and watch the money mount up!!
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.