SW Locums are looking for a competent and confident Social Worker for the Child Protection Team in Southend on Sea.
- To ensure consistent interpretation of eligibility criteria and risk thresholds within the service
- To maintain quality of work to ensure that the Council complies with policy, procedures and professional standards. Constantly reviewing your own performance to ensure that that the team embeds a culture of continuous improvement.
- To assess and agree and monitor care plans for children & young people in need, looked after or in need of protection.
- Maintaining and developing effective liaison within the department, other agencies and partner organisations, collating and analysing presenting information and ensuring opportunities are taken forward and tackling appropriately areas of difficulty.
- Attending and representing the Council in legal proceedings
- To manage budget allocation to plan expenditure follow financial procures and ensure that expenditure is kept within the available budget.
- To be familiar with Equal Opportunities good practise and the Council requirements for diversity and to implement this in all aspects of working practice and promote it in the team, workplace and wider organisation.
- Provide information, reports and analysis as and when required
- To act as a member of the team, attending meetings and contributing to decision/policy making.
With SW Locums you can rely on:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle”, informative and conscientious advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.