SW Locums require a qualified social worker with UK experience as a Social Worker in a Community Review Team servicing Adults and Physical Disabilities
You will be required to work with the person and other professionals as necessary in order to facilitate the stated functions of the OPPD Service.
Main duties will be, undertaking of proportionate assessments, completing reviews of support plans and ensuring that the people of Southwark are receiving the support that meets their needs.
Other tasks include: safeguarding, carer’s assessment, proactively working with complex issues, family dynamics, legal issues, crisis intervention, providing information and advice, transferring to another team if required.
Responsible to the Team Manager and Senior Practitioner.
Provision of a safeguarding function, to assess and investigate risk, mental capacity, DOLS and safeguarding issues ensuring the use of all appropriate resources from Social Care, Health and other voluntary and statutory agencies.
To ensure that all related administrative functions are undertaken.
To attend case conferences, reviews and represent the Council at Court when this is determined as appropriate.
From Role Comments: Candidate to display the following skills/Knowledge:
• Good working knowledge of direct payments
• Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding
• Safeguarding Enquiries – S.42 of care Act 2014
• Care Act 2014 – eligibility criteria
• Mental Capacity 2005
- To hold a recognised social work qualification and be able to provide evidence of registration to the HCPC.
- Knowledge of key legislation relevant to professional social care work
- Knowledge of the functions of a health and social care department and related agencies
- Knowledge of methods to plan and review services for the client group
- Knowledge of social diversity and equal opportunities and the ability to demonstrate this throughout all aspects of practice
- Experience of managing a complex case load
- Must have 2 – 4 years Post qualification social work experience required
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with clients and other health professionals
- Experience of producing reports for a variety of audiences
- Good IT skills
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work and manage time effectively
- Customer focused