SW Locums are seeking UK experienced social workers to support the children and young people in North Devon in the Initial Response Team (IRT).
Expectation would be for SWs to work to a hybrid model.
Accessible to the office so that they can forge relationships with colleagues and partnerships.
You will need to commit to being in Devon every other week for a full week to support duty and support seeing children in a timely manner and working directly with families.
An agreed weekly agency accommodation / commuter travel allowance of up to £150 per week is offered for those living 20 miles or more from their work base.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build meaningful and positive relationships with children, young people, and families; working closely with them to achieve positive outcomes that are family led, built on strengths, and achieve safety and stability keeping them safe through their childhood and beyond.
Currently the Local Authority is working under an Ofsted Improvement Plan therefore they need experienced, robust social workers who have experience of good practice and are able to model this across the service with peers.
The IRT Team:
- To support the children and families teams they have added 3 Specialist Practitioners to support with specialist assessments such as Reg 24’s, VA’s, Pre birth and Parenting Assessments.
- This supports the throughput within the court arena and allows practitioners to focus on the day to day assessments and interventions with children and families.
- Each team has Family Practitioners who also support with intervention direct work with children.
- The Initial Response team is responsible for carrying out Child and Family Assessments and, when necessary, section 47 Child Protection enquiries to decide whether a child is in need of support from our Children and Families teams, requires protection or should be taken into care.
- The team of Social Workers, ASYE’s and Family Practitioners are managed and supported by the Team Manager and Assistant Team Managers.
SW Locums will provide you with:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us.*
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.