SW Locums are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Qualified Social Work Team Manager with Social Work England Registration to work in Medway Children in Care Team.
All Applicants must have:
- Management qualification i.e. leadership training for first line managers, or proven experience at a similar managerial level.
- Practice Educator (Stage 1 and 2)
- Registration with Social Work England
In addition you will need:
- Substantial post qualifying experience (minimum 5 years) including statutory work with children and their families.
- Proven experience of working with a high level of social complexity and risk of harm.
- Proven experience of managing and delivering professional supervision to social workers and other staff including in statutory work with children and their families.
- Proven experience in the application of ‘Signs of Safety’ or a willingness to be trained.
- Substantial experience in relationship and strengths-based practice, working collaboratively with children, young people and their families
- Substantial experience in child protection, children in care and care proceedings.
- Proven experience in providing support and effective supervision to staff in delivering outcome focused assessments and care plans in statutory work with children and their families.
- Proven experience in effectively managing team and individual performance.
- Experience of contributing towards budget management.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting student placements and/or NQSWs.
- Ability to use advanced theoretical/practical/procedural/ organisational /policy knowledge across a specialist area.
- An in-depth knowledge of working with vulnerable children and their families in a statutory setting.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, standards and local policies and procedures.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the application of relevant theoretical frameworks, practice models and research findings.
- Ability to demonstrate awareness of legislation relating to General Data Protection Regulations and Freedom of Information.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.
Rest assured, we will look after you.