SW Locums are looking on behalf of Enfield Council for an Outreach and shared lives team manager to provide management support to two teams.
You will be required to directly supervise and manage 4 staff, and support the CQC registered manager to audit and manage compliance, and budget monitor.
You will oversee rota of staff to ensure the service is sustainable to meet the needs of the adults our service supports. The manager will be required to support Out of hours on call, which will be paid in addition to the salary.
1. Proven ability of managing staff within a CQC registered service
2. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing, including report writing, negotiating and excellent IT skills
3. Ability to plan and maximise use of resources as well as manage a budget effectively
4. Ability of implementing the highest standards of H & S including risk management within the various work environments
5. Experience of allocating resources to ensure best use and value
6. Ability to work in partnership with staff and external teams to ensure a smooth cohesive service is delivered
7. Ability to work using own initiative as part of a team while managing workload efficiently, prioritising work for the team and adopting a flexible approach to changing and competing demands
8. Ability to structure work routines to ensure all performance indicators for the service are met
• Be responsible for the recruitment, induction, development, training and performance of staff in consultation with the Registered Team Manager
• Complies with the services regulated requirements ensuring the services are meeting the standards of the CQC fundamental standards.
• Oversee the allocation and control of workers and ensure they receive support, advice and supervision
• Ensure that resources within the team are used effectively
• Set standards and targets and measure staff performance against these in accordance with the Department’s performance development system
• Authorise annual leave requests for staff, ensuring adequate resource is available within the team to cover, planning leave and quantity approved at any one time
• Monitor staff absence in accordance with Council absence and attendance policy
• Promote and support personal development, arrange training and actively participate in training/workshops for staff
• Ensure that professional boundaries are adhered to
• Attend management and team meetings, chairing and taking minutes where required
• Ensure the team carry out environmental and appropriate risk assessments for clients we support, placements and staff
• Contribute to generic risk assessments and reviews
• Attend supervision, appraisal and training activities as required
• Ensure that staff continually promote the culture of services.
• Maintain up to date knowledge and ensure that staff make recommendations for equipment, including telecare, to maximise the effect of interventions
• Extended working hours (e.g. on call, hours outside of the traditional 9-5pm working hours) may be required in order to meet business needs
• Attend case conferences as appropriate
• Ensure that the people and resources within area of responsibility are effectively and efficiently managed to balance need and risk whilst achieving the delivery of IWE objectives and the best possible outcomes for service users and their carers
• Ensure decisions that may involve issues of risks and safety and have significant resource implications.
With SW Locums you can look forward to:
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.