SW Locums are looking for an established UK experienced Social Work Team Manager with a clear up to date and detailed knowledge of recent legislation, relating to children, and wider social work impacts. To work in the Assessment & Duty Team in Dudley.
Social Work England Registration
Right to work in the UK
Substantial UK Children & Family Experience in a similar role
- To provide clear management of and direction for the team/unit.
- To be responsible for the development and implementation of team/unit business plans and to be accountable for the delivery of services accordingly.
- To ensure the work of the team is consistent with National Social Work and Social Care objectives, including National Priorities Guidance and National or Regional Standards.
- To effectively manage all team/unit budgets, as delegated by the Divisional Manager, to ensure that identified objectives are met.
- To be responsible for the management of human resource activity within the team/unit.
- To ensure that the Directorate is represented to the community in a way that encourages a better understanding of the Directorate’s work.
- To act as a facilitating channel of communication between the team/unit and other parts of the Directorate.
- To commit to effective means of service user consultation, including a positive and responsive approach to managing complaints.
- To participate in intra and inter departmental working groups, taking the Chair when necessary.
- To represent the Directorate on outside bodies.
- To attend Committees as required.
- To contribute to departmental, corporate and inter-agency strategic planning activity.
- To contribute to management information systems e.g. workload management.
- To project manage and lead the implementation of new schemes and initiatives.
- To provide expert advice to team/unit, senior management and external agencies as appropriate.
- To promote the highest levels of professional knowledge amongst the designated staff group.
- To promote Authority wide and Directorate policies in both employment practice and service delivery, in particular equal opportunities.
- To comply with the Authority’s Financial Regulations and Standing Orders.
- To undertake other specific duties as may be necessary and outlined by the Divisional Manager.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Use of Fully FCSA Compliant Umbrella companies.
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.