SW Locums currently have an opportunity for a UK experienced, Qualified Social Worker currently working in Team Management, to join the Looked After Children Team in St Helens, Merseyside.
The successful candidate will manage a team of capable and supportive social workers and social work assistants, who will be responsible for undertaking investigations, carrying out statutory work, court work, and engaging with service users.
Dependent on the circumstances, flexible working will be considered.
Duties of the Looked After Children Team include:
- Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
- Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
- Write high quality reports as required and where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
- Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
- Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
- Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
- Social Work England registration
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
- Currently or previous recent experience in a similar statutory setting.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualified experience.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- The best rates of pay available on the market.
- Fast & Accurate payment each week.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable, consultant, available 24/7.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- We are committed to putting the service users first and finding you the most suitable placement.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide and exclusive training packages.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.