SW Locums are looking for a well established, UK Experienced Social Work Team Manager with a focus of working in Child Protection to work in a new role in Swindon.
The Court and Case Tracker post is a key role that will work across the directorate to provide a level of expertise in respect to care proceedings and managing cases in pre-proceedings. The post holder will need to have substantive experience in managing court work and having had some management experience. As someone who will drive and strengthen practice in this the post holder will have overall responsibility for all Court Work and PLO Cases, working with Team and Service managers across the directorate, with corporate colleagues and key external partners including: the judiciary and CAFCASS.
- To work with the courts and a range of stakeholders in the Family Justice System to ensure the
progression of Swindon Borough Council Court proceedings and Pre-proceedings cases.
- To monitor implementation of the courts requirements in court proceedings cases.
- To escalate to the courts if there is delay that would require the case to be relisted, in conjunction
with legal services.
- To identify system and individual issues that lead to delays in Court proceedings and take action
where required including the supervision and support of deputy team managers.
- To provide direct coaching /mentoring support to social workers and deputy team managersin their preparation of submissions to the court and within pre-proceedings work.
- To work in partnership with the MASH and ACP Teams to ensure a robust approach to the early
identification of cases including unborn and newly born babies.
- To work with agencies across the Family Justice System to monitor, measure and track costs incurred by all agencies, to gain a view of whole system costs.
- To track all cases within proceedings and pre-proceedings.
- To lead on the PLO Tracking Panel in respect of all Cases before proceedings.
- To oversee the quality of LOI and Letter before Proceedings to ensure standards are consistently met.
- To have responsibility for the legal budget, including responsibility for budget forecasting and taking steps to ensure any projected spend is mitigated against.
At SW Locums you can look forward to:
- A refreshingly professional and honest approach to your job search.
- Fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Conscientious and well informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.