SW Locums are recruiting on behalf of Thurrock Social Services for a reliable and fully qualified Senior Practitioner with HCPC Registration. The suitable candidate will be able to provide references to support their ability to carry out the requirements of the post to a high standard
The Purpose of this post is:
To safeguard vulnerable children and young people
To provide high quality, research based casework service to all Children & Family service users and hold cases that consist mainly of the most complex family situations.
To offer consultation, support, specialist advice and joint working to colleagues within Children Education and Families.
To promote children living with their family where safe to do so.
To comply with and promote legislation, statutory guidance and local policies and procedures.
You will have Key Liaison with Children, young people and their families
Managers and colleagues within the local authority and other key
- To work with colleagues to achieve service plan objectives/targets
- To participate in one to one Performance Development Reviews/Appraisals and contribute to the identification of your own and team development needs
- To actively promote the Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy and Diversity Strategy and observe the standard of conduct which prevents discrimination taking place
- To ensure full compliance with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work
- To fully understand, and be aware of, the Council’s commitment to the Section 17 duty of the Crime & Disorder Act 1998 to prevent crime and disorder.
- At the discretion of the Head of Service, such other activities as may from time to time may be agreed consistent with the nature of the job described above
- To carry a caseload of the most vulnerable children in need and children in care and ensure they receive a service that reflects the Department’s commitment to safeguarding and putting the needs of individual children first
- To demonstrate and model a high standard of practice under their own direction, that reflects a value based approach to working with children and their families and is child centred.
- To work with colleagues and other professionals in a range of organisations to develop a service that delivers the best possible outcomes for vulnerable children
- To work in partnership with service users, to undertake focused assessments, plans and reviews that have clear objectives and outcome measures
- To work to high standards of customer care and to provide a respectful and sensitive service at all times
- To maintain accurate and up to date records in line with Data Protection legislation and use the Integrated Children’s System to promote effective case management
- To ensure that Management Information systems are kept appropriately updated so that high quality information can be retrieved and used in planning future service development
- To maintain up to date knowledge of research, Departmental policies and procedures, and to have in depth knowledge of legislation and guidance relevant to providing services to children and families
- To act as a source of consultation for colleagues on professional practice, with a particular focus on the development of research based practice and development of standards through performance measurement and audit
- To contribute to the development and progression of the relevant performance plans and Targets
- To monitor the use of resources to ensure maximum results
- To actively promote the service with service users, colleagues and other staff within and outside the Department
- To identify training needs and maintain requirements for professional registration
- To be available for supervision, as required and to prepare for supervisory sessions, as required by the Team Manager
- To represent the Department in discussions with other agencies at the discretion of Senior Management
- At the discretion of the Manager such other activities as may from time to time be
- required to ensure the needs of the service are met