SW Locums are looking to secure the services of an experienced social worker with strong assessment skills, competent in working within Looked After Children’s statutory processes. Language skills in Arabic or French would be an advantage.
Candidates must have HCPC Registration and be able to supply current refernces.
Ideally you will have a good academic degree, a good understanding of international issues and experience of working with Asylum seekers and with the Home Office.
The post is situated within a Looked After Children and Care leavers service and a successful candidate will receive a high level of support.
The post is likely to be extended beyond the 3 month period subject to the level of demand in cases.
- Knowledge of Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- Knowledge of Assessment Framework.
- Understanding of needs-led planning and review for Looked After Children as well as child protection knowledge.
- Knowledge of child development and family dynamics
- Able to communicate with and undertake direct work with children of different ages, needs and cultural backgrounds.
- Able to work through interpreters with families and children from a wide range of linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to assess culture specific parenting and make an informed child centred judgement about appropriateness/acceptability.
- Maintains sound professional knowledge through training, reading and networking with colleagues.
- Contributes and pools advice and information to colleagues and can reflect on and learn from mistakes.
- Incorporates new guidance and procedure into work quickly and effectively.
- Good workload management skills and able to manage fluctuating demands of caseload and significant levels of pressure
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Committed to improving outcomes for vulnerable children
- Workload management skills
- Able to write structured, clear reports
- Experience of using computers on a business network running Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint ) , email and Internet
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and agreed processes, to set standards and timescales
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure whilst ensuring attention to detail.
- Evidence of ability to work within a team environment, demonstrating tact and diplomacy with other members of staff and service users
- Basic IT skills including use of Microsoft Packages